NSAC MEMBERSHIP INFO
Support your home away from home!
The North Shores Alano Club (NSAC) is privileged to host over 35 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings each week, welcoming guests from all walks of life and all stages of recovery. The club's sole purpose remains to strengthen the sobriety of all alcoholics, your support is requested in an effort to give back and help the newcomer who still suffers.
The NSAC welcomes all who are in recovery and their guests, but private members enjoy benefits such as: Free Wi-Fi internet Access, Lounge Area with Cable TV and Movies, Big Book Studies, Game Rooms, Piano, Special Events and the opportunity to meet new friends in sobriety. If you find yourself frequenting the club often, and would like the opportunity to make your voice heard concerning club decisions and give back, then a paid membership is the way to go!
Dues for single individuals are $15.00/month or $165/year, which includes one month free.
Married and Civil Union couples can take advantage of our $22.00/month or $242/year option.
Out of State Members pay $15/year.
Next time you visit the NSAC, talk to a staff representative to find out how to become a member.
Thank you for your support!
Proceeds from membership dues are used entirely for club maintenance, utilities and day-to-day maintenance of the facility. The NSAC is completely self-supporting and does not receive any type of assistance from any local, state or federal government agency.
Membership Requirements & Regulations
1. After thirty (30) days of sobriety, an applicant can complete an application card and pay by cash or check for processing. Monthly dues are $15.00 per person and $22.00 per married or civil union couple.
2. Fill out a green application card in full at the Membership Desk ('Club Sponsor' refers to a Club Member in good standing, not an A.A. sponsor).
3. Place the green card (with all applicable fees, checks are preferred) in an envelope and place in the dropbox marked 'DUES'. All necessary items can be found at the front desk.
4. A yellow membership card with your name and record of payments will be processed and filed in the pigeon hole at the front desk marked with your first name and last initial. IMPORTANT: Always enclose this card with your dues payment to ensure proper posting in the club master file. This card MUST NOT be removed from the club.
5. Dues are payable and due on the first of the month and delinquent after the 10th. Dues must be current before a member can attend General Membership meetings, use the Card Room, or participate in club activities.
6. Delinquency: When thirty (30) days in arrears, the member name is posted on the delinquent list on the bulletin board. When sixty (60) days in arrears, members are dropped for NON-PAYMENT of dues. In order to be reinstated, a dropped member must pay a penalty of two months past dues plus current dues ($45.00 for single membership, $66.00 for married membership)
7. Statements are mailed only if a member becomes delinquent. Your yellow card is the only statement that you will need and will help to keep you current if you check it at least once a month.
8. To resign from the club, a member must do so while his dues are current in order to avoid having to pay a penalty if he wishes to rejoin at a later date.
10. GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS are held in MARCH, JUNE, SEPTEMBER and DECEMBER on the 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 PM. You are invited to attend these meetings, but will not be eligible to vote until you have been a member for THREE MONTHS, with dues paid for that month. After that time you should make an effort to attend so that you can elect and vote for new Board of Director members and Club Officers. Also, many important policies require a General Membership vote.